When it comes to e-commerce, Shopify is the third most popular Online Store. Hundreds of Shopify themes are available on this platform, including Conversion Shopify, Debutify Theme, and more. We have more sellers every day. In 2012 there were 41,000 traders, in 2020 there are 1,749,000. In 2020, over 457 million people purchased from Shopify stores. Shopify has about 7000 apps for download.
Some Facts About Shopify
- Shopify was founded in Ottawa by three Canadians best known as Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake.
- Headquarters are located in Ottawa, Canada.
- The US is now his leading Shopify country, followed by the UK and Canada.
- Nearly 20% market share of Shopify, a leading e-commerce platform.
- There are hundreds of free and paid Shopify themes and templates of his.
- Shopify has a Shopify Plus platform that allows for more customization options.
- Simple and easy to use. You don’t have to be a pro to use it.
- Shopify has a Shopify SEO service.
- Official website: www.shopify.com
What is Global e-commerce?
Global e-commerce is the business concept of selling products and services to buyers in other countries via the Internet. Anyone can access and purchase.
Global e-commerce statistics
- The global e-commerce market is expected to be worth US$4.89 trillion in 2022.
- The market size in 2014 was $1.3 trillion. In 2019, it was $3.35 trillion.
- In 2020, it was $4.28 trillion.
- It is expected to reach $5.42 trillion by 2022.
- It is expected to reach $5.9 trillion by 2023.
- It is expected to reach $6.38 trillion by 2024. 13.6% of sales in 2019 were from internet purchases.
- In 2020, 18% of sales came from online shopping.
- By 2022, it should be 19.5%.
- By 2022, it should be 20.4%.
- It is expected to reach 21.1% by 2023. It is expected to reach 21.8% by 2024.
- Latin America ranks first in growth markets.
- North America comes in second for her. The UK is the third most developed country after China and the US. Total sales are expected to reach $169 billion. The United States is second only to China in sales growth. The United States has $843 billion compared to China’s $2.8 trillion. China is the largest online market and the country that generates more than half of all online sales.
- The COVID-19 pandemic changes everything. More people will be able to shop online. Mobile e-commerce will be user-friendly.
- In 2019, the number of digital shoppers worldwide was 2.05 billion, accounting for 21.55% of the global population. It should reach 2.14 billion by 2021 and 21.8% of the world by 2024.
- Shopify is focused on becoming the “World’s First Global Retail Operating System” in the global marketplace.
- Some businesses are growing, including in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you look at Shopify’s statistics, you can see that number is increasing day by day.
How big is Shopify and how many stores will there be in 2022?
- Backlinko says he has 1.75 million sellers on Shopify, and the company has added 680,000 new sellers since his 2019.
- 22,405 domains running Shopify Plus. Shopify allows merchants to use multiple domains. About 14,936 different merchants operate Shopify Plus.
- 175 countries use Shopify stores to do business.
- In 2022, about 42,200 affiliates will refer merchants to Shopify, up from 24,500 in 2019, up 72%.
- In 2020, Shopify will power his 20% of all e-commerce websites.
How to use Shopify Statistics
- 71.27% of domains are registered in the US. The UK and Australia come in second and third respectively.
- Over 10,000 leading brands choose Shopify. Nestle, Pepsi and Budweiser are the leading brands.
- Over 100,000 merchants use the Shopify POS system.
- 3D product images attract twice as many customers as traditional images.
- Shopify has over 1,300 Shopify themes and templates.
- Shopify is now integrated with Tiktok shopping.
- Over 4,000 girls in Canada are supported by Shopify.
Shopify sales, revenue and traffic stats
- Third quarter 2022 sales of $1,123.7 million. 46% YoY.
- Total revenue for 2020 was $2,929.5 million, an increase of 86% compared to 2019.
- Gross profit increased 50% to $608.9 million in the third quarter of 2022. compared to $405.1 million in Q3 2020. By 2022, Shopify’s global sales are expected to reach $200 billion.
- In the second quarter of 2018, Shopify recorded his 1 billionth order.
- Mobile accounted for 79% of all traffic and 69% of all traffic orders.
- In Q3 2019, 81% of traffic and 71% of orders were made via mobile. This compares to 77% and 67% respectively in Q3 2018.
- The total number of buyers in 2020 was 457 million, an increase of 52.33% compared to 2019. H. 300 million in 2019. 218 million in 2018 and 163 million in 2017.
- The highest conversion rate is 4.29% via email, 3.04% conversion rate from search, 2.93% direct conversion rate, and 1.81% social conversion rate.
- In New Zealand, his Shopify sales from the start of Black Friday to the end of Cyber Monday in California took him over $5.1 billion. In comparison, global Black Friday Cyber Monday sales in 2019 were over $2.9 billion, or over $1.50. $1 billion in 2018.
- Almost every visitor spends more than his two minutes on Shopify.
- Over 58 million tourists visited in 2020. Shopify growth stats
- By 2022, Shopify will have 1.75 million merchants. In 2012 it was 41,000. In 2016 it was 375,000. In 2017, it was 609,000. In 2018, it was 820,000. In 2019, it was 1,069,000. In 2020 it was 1,749,000.
- Shopify’s IPO went public on May 21, 2015. Shopify’s gross merchandise value (GMV) reaches $400 billion.
- 2020 GMV was $119.58 billion. 2019 GMV was $61.14 billion. Shopify Growth and Earnings Statistics for 2019
- In 2012 there were 41,000 traders, but in 2019 there were 1,069,000, almost 26 times more than in 2012.
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2019 was $320.5 million, up 50% from the first quarter of 2018. Second quarter 2019 revenue was $362 million, up 42% from second quarter 2018. Since its IPO on May 21, 2015, its inventory has grown tenfold. Shopify Plus merchants recorded 126% growth.
- More than 700,000 people were directly and indirectly employed in Partner Her community.
- His monthly recurring revenue (MRR) was $44.2 million in 2019, compared to $32.5 million in 2018.
Shopify Sales Statistics 2018
The 2018 total revenue stat was $1,073 million. That’s 59% more than $673.3 million in 2017. Shopify has opened its first physical store in Los Angeles.
More amazing Shopify stats
Shopify Covers Nearly 11% of His Ecommerce Market
Shopify is followed by Woocommerce and Squarespace online stores with 28.24% and 17.69% coverage, while Shopify has 10.98%.
Over 1.75 million companies by 2022
About 175 countries use Shopify. Big brands like Pepsi, Staples and others are working together.
The number of shoppers who purchased from Shopify merchants grew 52% from 2019 to 2020
Shopify shoppers are increasingly buying from Shopify merchants. The number of dealers increased by 52% between 2019 and 2020.
Overall Shopify sales increased 47% year-over-year
A 47% increase from Q1 2019 to Q1 2020.
48% YoY increase in monthly recurring revenue on Shopify
MRR was Q3 2019 through Q3 2020.
Shopify contributes his $319 billion to global economic activity
In March 2022, the platform contributed $319 billion to millions of businesses.
Shopify noted that online sales increased by 50% in 2019, while the global e-commerce market grew by 21%.
Shopify’s global e-commerce market saw sales halve in 2019, growing more than 21%.
Over 50% of Shopify sellers are repeat subscribers
If customers are interested in the product, they will buy it again and again. Most shoppers buy from the same store he buys 3.8 times. Statistics show that most sellers are happy to buy from her Shopify.
42,200 partners introduced merchants to Shopify last year
In 2019, there were still 24,400, but that number increased by 72% to 42,200.
Retail, apparel and fashion, and computer software are his three biggest verticals on Shopify
Retail (17%), apparel and fashion (11%), and computer software (6%) are the largest industries on Shopify, followed by IT, marketing, cosmetics, and wholesale. The three countries that use Shopify the most are the US, UK and Canada
The United States was the first country to use Shopify, followed by the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, India, Denmark, and others.
79% of Shopify traffic is from mobile
In 2014, 50% of traffic came from mobile phones, rising to 79%.
69% of Shopify orders are placed on mobile
Most users are on mobile devices, so it’s no surprise that 69% of orders come from mobile devices.
87% of merchants use Shopify to power their ecommerce stores
This is extended with the Shopify platform to allow most merchants to run their e-commerce business.
Most users use 3D product images on Shopify to increase conversions
Indeed, most users use his 3D images instead of normal images for conversion. According to statistics, 250% of conversions are from his 3D images.
Shopify store generated emails generated maximum conversions
4.29 percent are email conversions. It shows 3.04% for search queries, 2.93% for direct marketing, and 1.81% for social networks.
More Interesting Shopify Statistical Facts To Know
- Between 2015 and 2018, Shopify paid ethical hackers over $850,000 to protect its website from denial of service (DOS) and other attacks.
- Black Friday sales in 2018 were $1.5 billion.
- There were 10,978 orders per minute and $870,000 in sales.
- Most entrepreneurs are Shopify sellers.
- How many Shopify stores are there?
There are over 5,300 of his Shopify stores and over 1,000,000 of his businesses in 175 countries on this platform. How many Shopify users are there? Over 2.297 billion people use Shopify.
- How many successful stores are there on Shopify?
There are many examples of Shopify being entrepreneurial and successful. Shopify’s current GMV is $400 billion.
- How much money can you make with Shopify?
You can make between $100 and $100,000 a month if your product is great and you have a lot of traffic. Anything like traffic jams can affect your sales.
- Top Companies Using Shopify?
There are many companies that trust and use Shopify. Pepsi, New York Times, KKW Beauty, Kylie Cosmetics, Budweiser, Fitbit and more.
- How many employees does Shopify have?
At Shopify he has 7,000 employees.
After all, this is all about Shopify stats. It’s the umbrella that millions seek shelter from in heavy rains. GMV and MRR are increasing year by year. It’s still growing. Nevertheless, millions of people trust it and buy it repeatedly. So it’s worth buying to build your e-commerce site. Many big brands use this platform for their official websites.