As a Voice Over artist also known as Voice actor, Voice Talent, having spent most of the time behind the mic, one often forgets the most important part of the business, i.e branding which is- to amplify the work done. Earlier when social media did not exist, people would rely upon the printing press to announce their business venture in newspaper Ads or magazine features. Al the while this practice continues, there has been a social media revolution in the world since its inception in the early 90s. Post that, the digital world has only expanded in breadth and continues to do so today.
In this blog, we will discuss the ultimate social media guidelines for a Voice Over artist to develop their business. To answer the query that some of you might have like Why is social media a must for business development?
Here are some of the major reasons to utilise social media. It’s a powerful tool for:
- Sharing information and ideas via creative profiles
- Learning about what’s happening in your close circle, your community, and around the world
- Interacting with friends, family, clients, colleagues, thought leaders, and brands to build strong, meaningful relationships
- Marketing and promoting your business, especially in this constantly evolving digital era
Here are some of the checklist questions to indulge in before diving into the rabbit hole of social media-
You might ask yourself:
- What platforms should I be on?
- What kind of content should I post?
- How often should I post?
- How do I get more likes, comments and followers?
Once you have answers to all the above questions, here are the next steps to be taken care of:
- BRANDING by Designing Website
Branding is a necessary and worthwhile investment for VoiceOver Artists. One way to do it is by Designing your own website that has to be a professional voiceover web design with the ‘right’ kind of exposure.
It takes time, research, and good-quality materials before you can feast your eyes on a masterpiece.
3 steps to building a professional voice-over website:
- Choose the right hosting platform. This will be the foundation of your website and ‘hosts’ your site.
- Invest in good quality materials: To write and publish information according to your voice-over web design, you need a content management system (CMS).
- Choose the right finishes: Choose colors, features, and templates that are user and SEO-friendly. If you opt for a free domain name, it will come with the platform’s name, such as abcsite.provoiceover.com. Or, you can choose a paid, custom domain, this depends on the availability and hosting platforms.
- Creating Profile
Once you have all the elements of your voiceover brand packaged together (your tagline, branded bio, color palette, fonts, images, website, demos, etc.) you will have the tools you need to create and optimize your social media presence.
The next step is to determine which social media platforms to use. To do this, you have to know the purpose of each.
As the largest professional network on the internet, this is THE platform to advance your career. When done right, it’s also a great way to find clients, and ultimately, make money! Unlike the other popular social media platforms, Mezink is for all kinds of creative businesses wanting to grow their online presence.
This is the perfect place to build your industry network and promote your brand/voice/work.
3. Increasing engagement
Here are a few ways, you can increase your engagement-
- Showcase VoiceOver content like new demos, client projects, blog posts, podcasts, website updates, and behind-the-scenes clips of your home studio – just to list some ideas
- Reach out to prospective clients/ talent buyers and cultivate relationships
- Collect testimonials to boost and show off your credibility.
- Create a Link in Bio by collating all the links of your social media platform together into one link.
The easiest way to create your link in bio feature is via Mezink- control Centre for Creators. Mezink provides a hassle free and devoid-of technical complications Link in Bio feature with a 0% commission.