Subscription services – such as streaming services, beauty and lifestyle boxes and food delivery – can be very useful. However, each of them costs money. Want to cut your expenses? A subscription can be a good start. If you want to know how to cancel YouTube Premium, find out here.
- 1 What is YouTube Premium?
- 2 How much does a YouTube Premium subscription cost?
- 3 How to cancel YouTube Premium
- 4 How to cancel YouTube Premium online
- 5 How to cancel Premium in the YouTube app
- 6 To cancel YouTube Premium via the App Shop
What is YouTube Premium?
YouTube Premium is a paid subscription for videos and music. With Premium, you get virtually unlimited access to a YouTube Music Premium membership – ad-free, downloadable and available offline. You also have access to great features on YouTube’s other platforms. For example, YouTube does not come with ads. You have access to YouTube’s original content and can download YouTube videos to watch offline or at a later time.
How much does a YouTube Premium subscription cost?
There are different YouTube Premium subscriptions available. When you first start using the service, you can try it for free for one month. After that, you will need to choose a subscription if you want to continue using the service.
A standard subscription to YouTube Premium costs $11.99 per month for an individual to use the account. Watch YouTube videos without interruption from ads on mobile, desktop or YouTube-enabled TVs. Download videos to watch offline, use YouTube Music and benefit from Background Play, which lets you play YouTube videos in the background when you open another app.
YouTube Premium (annual)
With an annual subscription, you get everything included in the YouTube Premium subscription at a lower price. A YouTube Premium annual subscription costs $119.99 per year, and the subscription does not automatically renew at the end of your current billing cycle.
YouTube Premium Family
The family plan allows five family members (ages 13 and up) to access Premium for $17.99 per month.
YouTube Premium Student
If you are still in school, you can take advantage of the student discount. You can get Premium for $6.99 per month. YouTube requires that you present a valid ID in order to use the student version of the service.
How to cancel YouTube Premium
There are several ways to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription: online, in the app, or through the Apple App Shop.
How to cancel YouTube Premium online
- Log in to your Premium account
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Select Paid Memberships
- Your Premium subscription should show as a paid membership
- Click Cancel Membership
How to cancel Premium in the YouTube app
- Open your YouTube app and sign in to your account
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner
- Select Paid Memberships
- In the YouTube Premium section, tap Manage
- When the Membership page opens, click Cancel Membership
- Click Yes to confirm your cancellation
To cancel YouTube Premium via the App Shop
- Open the App Shop on your Apple device
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner
- Click Manage Subscriptions
- Select YouTube Premium
- Select Cancel Subscription
If you choose a monthly membership, your subscription will automatically renew each month. However, if you choose the annual option, you will need to confirm that you wish to continue using the service in order to renew your subscription for another billing cycle.
Also, consider taking advantage of bundles before cancelling YouTube Premium. For example, if you want access to YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium and Google Play Music, upgrade your subscription to a YouTube Premium family subscription. This could save you money in the long run if you do not want to pay for different subscriptions individually.
Read more on Mezink, download now!